Calling all bookish folks:
Do you have favorite, go-to books that you immediately turn to when recommending books for third and fourth graders? I’m compiling a recommended books list for my library, and thought it would be fun to learn the favorites of other library people (and bookish folk) to better inform my selections.
- Frindle by Andrew Clements
- the Fudge series by Judy Blume
- The Grand Plan to Fix Everything by Uma Krishnaswami
- The Year of the Book by Andrea Cheng
- Dumpling Days by Grace Lin
- Matilda by Roald Dahl
- Half Magic by Edward Eager
- Ellie McDoodle: Have Pen, Will Travel by Ruth McNally Barshaw
- Ramona Quimby, Age 8 by Beverly Cleary
- The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger
- The Chocolate Touch by Patrick Skene Catling
A few that I often rely on are listed above, (in no particular order), but I look forward to refreshing my repertoire with your tried-and-true suggestions!